This week (April 23-29) enjoy savings on all your cookout must – haves, including smoker favorites like whole Alberta Pork Side Ribs from Freson’s Butcher Shop. We appreciate that at Freson Bros., really great food doesn’t necessarily come with a high price tag. Haven’t made ribs before or looking to switch up your tired, old rib recipe? Look no further!
For this delicious Rib Recipe, we start with Stubb’s BBQ Rub, and slow roast for several hours on low (either in the oven or on your smoker!) and finish them on the grill with a zesty and bold Whiskey Barbecue Sauce made from scratch. These juicy and succulent Ribs are perfect for alfresco dining, picnics and enjoying all summer long!
Here’s What you Need:
- 1 pkg (48 Oz) Whole Alberta Pork Side Ribs (approx half a rack per person)
- Stubbs BBQ Rub
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Whiskey
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven or smoker to 300 degrees F
- Season Ribs with Stubbs BBQ Rub then wrap in tin foil
- Place in oven or smoker for 2-4 hours (the longer, the better!)
- Meanwhile, make your Whiskey Barbecue sauce by combining ketchup, mustard, Whiskey, hot sauce, Worcestershire Sauce and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl
- Heat up your barbecue/ grill
- 10 mins prior to serving, transfer ribs to barbecue and remove top layer of tin foil (keeping foil on bottom)
- Generously slather Whiskey Barbecue sauce on ribs and let cook, uncovered another ten minutes.
- Remove from heat, garnish with sliced green onion and ENJOY!