What better way to celebrate the long weekend (or any weekend, for that matter!) than with our delicious Coconut Margs?!?!
We concocted this recipe when we were visiting our parent on vacation in Mexico, and it has quickly become a favorite! Many Coconut Margaritas call for coconut cream, which, though delicious, can be quite high in calories. So to make a “skinnier” version, we substituted coconut flavoured Liqueur (coconut rum works too). It makes for a slightly boozier margerita.. but we’ve never heard a complaint! In the past, we’ve also toasted shredded coconut to put on the rim on the glass.. but someone USED up alllll the coconut I bought specifically to make these (I won’t name names!) so that is not pictured. For these Margaritas, we used Solana Blanco Tequila from Wine and Beyond. This tequila is sooooo smooth, with a silky, medium body and the aromas floral herbs and agave, it pairs perfectly with the sweetness of Coconut! We like to make our Margs on the rocks, but if you are the “blended” type, simply toss all the drink ingredients into the blender instead!
Here’s what you need:
- 5-6 Limes, squeezed
- 4 Oz Solano Blanco Tequila
- 3 Oz Coconut Liqueur (or rum)
- 1/2 Cup Toasted shredded coconut and salt for the rim
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss coconut with the salt. Spread on sheet; toast in oven, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour in shallow dish
- Squeeze one lime into a shallow dish. Dip rims of two cocktail glasses in lime juice, then in coconut mixture, coating well.
- Combine the tequila, coconut liqueur and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with some ice and shake to mix.
- Pour the mixture over ice in your glass and serve with an extra lime slice.
- “Toast” to the long weekend!
*This post was created in partnership with Wine and Beyond. As always, the ideas, thoughts and recipes presented are our own. *