Peanut butter and honey go together like peanut butter and chocolate, so why not all three? Throw in a some rice crispies, and voilà you’ve got yourself a homemade, healthier, chocolate crunch bar. When I read the original recipe and looked at the pictures I thought that the texture of the bars would be harder. I honestly wasn’t sure how I felt about that, but the recipe sounded so good, I wanted to give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were soft when I bit into them. And they were SO delicious. Like our vegan peanut butter cups, these chocolate crunch bars come together in under 15 minutes and with minimal ingredients (5!). These bars are dairy and soy free, and can easily be made vegan by swapping the honey for another sweetener such as agave syrup up or even maple syrup. I, of course, used dairy free butter and vegan chocolate chips to suit my dietary needs, but regular old butter and chocolate chips would do just fine!! Swap Kellogg rice crispies for brown rice crispies or organic rice crispies for an even healthier treat!
- 3 cups rice crispie cereal
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter (or coconut oil!)
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips
- Add butter, and once melted add peanut butter and honey and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat (bowl will be hot so handle with oven mitts or dish towel) and add rice crispies, stir to combine . Pour and press into 9×9 cake pan, lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate one hour, or until set
Did you enjoy these Chocolate Crunch bars? Let us know by e-mailing us at email@example.com or show off on Instagram by tagging us @rivercitysisters, or using the hashtag #rivercitysisters
adapted from: https://thebigmansworld.com/homemade-keto-chocolate-crunch-bars-paleo-vegan-low-carb/