This is easily one of my favorite summer salads! It is so simple, fresh and delicious and can literally be thrown together in five minutes flat! The coolest thing about this salad is that it DOES NOT require salad dressing! The bold flavors of the herbs, onions, lime juice and a splash of olive oil create a yummy pseudo – dressing, that is full of flavor minimal on the caloriest! Ideal for keeping those summer bods on track!
This salad is also perfect if someone (ahem, husband) brings home a watermelon from the grocery store that is LARGER than life, and you are looking for ways to use it all before it goes bad! Great served as a side, or you can also make this salad a meal by topping with grilled chicken breast and chickpeas!
Here’s What you need:
- Head of romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 3 Cups watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 cup Basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint, roughly Chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber
- Juice from 2-3 limes
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup chickpeas (I forgot to add mine this time!)
- Grilled chicken breast (if desired)
- Combine lettuce, watermelon, onion and herbs.
- Squeeze in lime juice
- Drizzle with Olive Oil
- Add salt + pepper
- Mix thoroughly
- Let stand for 10-20 minutes prior to serving so flavors “marinate”
- Top with chicken and chick peas
- Enjoy guilt-free deliciousness!
We want to hear how AMAZING your Watermelon Mojito Salads turned out! Tag us on Instagram or fire us an email at email@example.com.