We’re always on the search for cute appetizers that are reasonably healthy yet FULL of flavor! With Superbowl Sunday being tomorrow, we figured it was the PERFECT time to share these delightful little babies, in case any of you are in for some last- minute hosting! Plus with no bun, lots of green leafy veggies and substituting turkey for ground beef, you won’t feel as guilty about that aged white cheddar and bacon! Forget about football…thats WINING!
- 1 Package Ground Turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1Tbsp Chopped Chives
- 1 package Free Range Bacon
- 24 cherry tomatoes, halved or whole (we like them whole!)
- 2 cups Green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 Cups Baby Kale Leaves
- 8 ounces cheddar white cheddar cheese, cut into 48 pieces
- 3 Mini Cucumbers sliced (or baby pickles if you prefer!)
- Spicy Mustard
- Mini Toothpics
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine ground turkey and spices together in bowl.
- Using about 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture, make 48 mini patties or meatballs.
- Place them on a foil lined baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly to handle.
- While the mini burgers are baking, cook the bacon in a skillet but remove before crisp. Drain on paper towel and break into 48 pieces.
- To assemble burgers on toothpick start with a Green Lettuce, then Meatball (with siracha or mustard or both!), Cheese, bacon, a few leaves of baby kale , cucmber/pickle, and finish with tomato!
- Put the toothpick through all the layers to hold it together!
- Sink you teeth into guilt- free deliciousness!
Xo The River City Sisters